MEDFORD, Ore---When South Medford and Grants Pass stepped on the gridiron on Friday night, a guaranteed playoff spot was on the line.
Both teams came out struggling to throw the ball. So, both teams relied on the rushing attack.
For South Medford, Senior quarterback Toren Tuttle and Senior running back Mason DeVries took the game over.
The first half was all Tuttle. He came away with over 100 rushing yards in the first half. Those chunk runs kept South Medford in the game.
None the less, South found itself down by two with about four minutes left in the game.
That is when DeVries, who is playing on a torn ACL, went up the middle and into the end zone. South Medford went up by five.
After South halted Grants Pass, several runs by DeVries ended the game.
Above, NewsWatch 12's Cameron Derby takes you through the big win.
- Running to the playoffs
- Friday Night Blitz: Playoffs Round Two
- For North Medford: Win, and Into the Playoffs
- Transfer quarterbacks loom large in the College Football Playoff semifinals
- Running Y Ranch Resort
- Friday Night Blitz: North Medford Falls to McNary, Regular Season Finale to Decide Playoff Fate
- Friday Night Blitz: Crater Clinches Playoff Spot With Win Over North Eugene
- Friday Night Blitz: St. Mary's Shocked at Lakeview, Likely Eliminated from Playoff Contention
- Friday Night Blitz: North Medford Clinches Playoff Berth With Decisive Win Over Willamette
- Can Running Be Good for Your Back?