MEDFORD, Ore. -- The third annual "Run With Grace" race is scheduled for Saturday, January 26.
The race honors the life and legacy of 15-year-old Grace Holt. She committed suicide in January, 2016 after battling depression.
Her mother, Susan, is a seventh and eight grade teacher at Hendrick Middle School in Medford. She started the event as a celebration of Grace's Life.
The money raised goes to a scholarship fund for students in fifth grade through high school to attend camps, clubs, or activities of their choice.
"That's the whole idea is to help kids -- that are kind kids that have a financial need -- to go to camp, or an enrichment program, or anything they want," Susan Holt, Grace's mother.
The 5k race will start at 10:00 a.m. the morning of January 26. There will be a short program about Grace's life and a moment of silence beforehand.
Packet pick up is scheduled for Friday, January 25 at Journey Church from 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
"When Grace died I knew I wanted to do something to honor her memory; something good and positive," Holt said.
- 'Run With Grace' Event Honors Life of 15 Year Old
- Hundreds Spread Kindness in Run with Grace 5K
- Hundreds Remember Late Teen Grace Holt in Annual 5K Run
- Memorial Run To Honor Medford Father
- Honor Flights
- Tonight: Mount Ashland's Biggest Event of the Year
- AIFF'S 2016 Preview Event
- Free Tire Disposal Event
- Veterans Day Events
- Family Celebrates Life of Two Year Old Daughter