JACKSONVILLE, Ore. — Two local projects are to receive funding from Pacific Power's Blue Sky renewable energy program, according to a statement from the company. The grants total $114,000 in aid.
Cantrall Buckley Park in Jackson County will be installing a 23.54 kilowatt solar array, providing 68 percent of the park's annual need for electricity. The project has been spearheaded by Jackson County Parks and A Greater Applegate.
The solar panels are intended to double as a shelter for park visitors—which organizers are calling the Solar Outdoor Educational Classroom. The outdoor classroom will include educational resources on the benefits of solar power, as well as an artistic sundial display. The grant from Pacific Power toward this project totals $89,530.
Ruch Community School, a rural K-8 within the Medford School District, will also receive a grant from the company. According to the statement from Pacific Power, Ruch Community School will be the first school in the county to include a solar panel installation.
The school building, built in 1914, will now add a 33-panel, 11.4 kilowatt system on its roof, generating 15,483 kilowatt hours per year. The Ruch Community School project will receive $24,337 from Pacific Power. Included with the solar array will be a monitoring kiosk, designed to help students learn STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) skills.
The Ruch Community School has already made sustainability—particularly in regards to solar energy—an important part of their curriculum.
Customers of Pacific Power have the option of contributing to the Blue Sky program, which contributes to community projects that incorporate sustainable energy methods.
- Ruch Community School & Cantrall Buckley Park to Receive Solar Installations
- Ashland Man Goes Solar
- Medford School District Installs New Doorbell Security Systems
- Solar Company Reacts To New Tariff
- New Solar Panels at Southern Oregon University
- Pacific Power Begins Installing Smart Meters
- School Helps Community This Thanksgiving
- Ashland Receives High Grades for Public Schools
- OSF Receives $25,000 Shakespeare in American Communities Grant
- Trump Administration Imposes Tariffs on Solar Panels, Washing Machines