MEDFORD, Ore. -- Students from Oregon Institute of Technology and Klamath Community College joined students from Rogue Community College in Medford and Southern Oregon University for an informative day of meetings with local technology-savvy companies in Medford.
Multiple local technology and engineering businesses were a part of the Rogue Tech Tour.
The annual tour is designed to introduce students in technology-related fields to potential employment opportunities in hopes of reassuring students of employment opportunities in Southern Oregon.
The tour began at the Million Air Building in Medford, where students were able to meet multiple companies to network and discuss employment opportunities.
Students then toured multiple companies in downtown Medford. Students interested in embedded systems were able to meet with a variety of relevant companies at Rogue Community College.
According to SOREDI and the Rogue Workforce Partnership, there is a great demand for technology skills in Southern Oregon. Many local tech positions offer an entry level annual salary of $50,000, which is above the average wage for our two-county region.
- Rogue Valley Tech Tour: Providing Students With Employment Opportunities In Technology
- Rogue Valley Mental Health Support
- Rogue Valley Adventist Academy Collecting Instruments for Paradise Students
- U.S. Cellular Provides Local Youth With STEM Learning Opportunities
- Rogue Valley Child in Fourth Cancer Fight
- Opening of the Rogue Valley Mall
- Oregon Century: Newspapers in the Rogue Valley
- Rogue Valley Strike Team Comes Home
- Icy Roads Expected In The Rogue Valley
- Rogue Valley Health Fair Comes to Medford