GRANTS PASS, Ore. — For children and teens left languid in the summer months, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Rogue Valley are offering a place to go and plenty of things to do, according to a statement from the organization.
Youth entering grades K-12 can go to any of the Boys & Girls Clubs three local locations for daily field trips, education-based opportunities, and breakfast, lunch and a snack.
Part of the curriculum will be STEAM (Science, Technology, Arts and Mathematics) experiments, plus library visits, performing arts, organized fitness activities, trail hikes, gardening, field games and more. For teens there are college visits planned, career pathway exploration through job site tours and presentations, and community service projects.
There are also Friday Teen Nights and Monday Family Nights offering meals and family-friendly activities.
According to the Boys & Girls Clubs, their summer activities come at affordable weekly rates—$10 per day or less. There are scholarships and mult-child discounts available as well.
Here are the locations and program hours:
Grants Pass (203 SE 9th Street) June 18 – August 24, 2018
Monday – Friday from 7:15 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (Closed July 4th)
Illinois Valley (Evergreen Elementary School) June 18 – August 16, 2018
Monday – Thursday from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Closed July 2nd-5th)
Talent (Talent Middle School) June 20 – August 24, 2018
Monday – Friday from 7:15 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (Closed July 4th – July 6th)
For summer calendars and more specifics about each Club location, visit the website at www.begreat4kids.com.
- Rogue Valley Boys & Girls Clubs Offer Summer Activities for Kids
- Medford Rogues Baseball Club
- Rogue Valley Mental Health Support
- Rogue Valley Expressway now open
- Rogue Valley Child in Fourth Cancer Fight
- Opening of the Rogue Valley Mall
- Oregon Century: Newspapers in the Rogue Valley
- Rogue Valley Strike Team Comes Home
- Icy Roads Expected In The Rogue Valley
- Rogue Valley Health Fair Comes to Medford