EAGLE POINT, Ore. -- The largest credit union in Southern Oregon is helping construction for the Butte Creek Mill finish strong.
Maryanne Pitcher, Executive Director of the Butte Creek Mill Foundation, said the budget for the re-building process is $2.5 million. Currently, the foundation has raised between $1.9 and $2 million.
The Foundation is partnering with Rogue Credit Union, which will match all donations up to $5,000. You can go into any branch location to donate.
Pitcher said the Foundation not only has the generosity of locals to thank, but thousands of others who have fond memories of the Mill.
"We have people donating from all over the country, I think people don't realize that. They bought the products and they heard the story, it's very compelling," Pitcher said.
She said she's never worked with a more supported project such as this one. She believes that is due to the important part the Mill played in the community.
"For the Butte Creek Mill, when you give a dollar, you're not only contributing to preserving history, but also education with our field trips and our internships, you're also helping economic development and driving tourism to the area," Pitcher said.
Pitcher said the St. Laurent Family Foundation is also doing a matching program currently. The Foundation will match up to $150,000.
Construction on the Mill is set to be completed by Spring 2019.
- Rogue Credit Union Matches Butte Creek Mill Donations
- Rogue Credit Union Throws Support Behind Butte Creek Mill Rebuilding
- Butte Creek Mill Begins Deconstruction
- Butte Creek Mill Construction Updates
- Driver Runs Into Central Point Rogue Credit Union
- Driver Crashes Into Rogue Credit Union in Eagle Point
- Historic Butte Creek Mill Rises Again in Eagle Point
- Butte Creek Mill hosting fundraiser to help rebuild
- Credit Unions Donate Thousands to Local Hospital's Children's Unit
- Siskiyou Central Credit Union Accepting Donations For Klamathon Fire Victims