WHITE CITY, Ore. —
UPDATE: West Antelope Road is back open at Table Rock Road and Oregon 140 (Kirtland Road).
According to Fire District 3 (FD3), the incident occurred in the 400 block of West Antelope at Linde Specialty Gases. The company reported that a fluorine gas cylinder caught fire.
Linde called the fire department in accordance with "established emergency protocols," and evacuated the building as a precaution while authorities closed down the roadway.
No injuries were reported in the incident and the cause remains under evacuation. FD3 says that Linde is cooperating fully with authorities while they look into the issue.
(Updated 9/18/18 at 1 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: West Antelope Road is currently closed north of Central Point due to reports of a gas leak and fire, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT). Travelers must use alternate routes.
ODOT says that the closure is near where West Antelope meets Table Rock Road/Oregon 140 (Kirtland Road). Oregon 140/Kirtland Road remains open to traffic.
This is a developing story. NewsWatch 12 will update this article with more details as they emerge.
- UPDATE: West Antelope Road Back Open After Gas Leak, Fire
- UPDATE: All Lanes Back Open After Crash Near Wolf Creek
- UPDATE: I-5 Northbound Lanes Back Open After Watermelon Truck Crash
- UPDATE: Exit 55 in Grants Pass Back Open After Grass Fire Closure
- UPDATE: All Lanes Back Open on Hwy 97 in Klamath Falls After Fire
- UPDATE: Lanes Back Open on Highway 62 After Semi-Truck Fire
- Klamathon Fire Update Chronology
- UPDATE: House Chaplain Accepted Back After Resignation
- Klondike Fire Spreads Quickly West, Threatening Agness
- UPDATE: Medford Fire Investigating Asante Warehouse Fire