OREGON-- No matter how cold it gets this weekend we do not recommend throwing hot water in the air.
Every winter we see the videos of people throwing water into super cold air, where it instantly freezes. It makes for a cool site to see, but it also makes for quite of few trips to the hospital.
Eight people who took part in the challenge have been treated at the burn center of Chicago's Loyola University Medical center in the past week. A spokesperson said they had injuries to their feet, arms, hands and face.
It's a similar story in Iowa and Minnesota.
- Resist the Boiling Water Challenge
- Fire-Resistant Plants
- Fire Resistant Plants
- A Dozen Homes Affected by Boil Water Advisory in Medford
- City of Medford Lifts 'Boil Water Advisory' for Residents, School
- UPDATE: Medford Water Commission Lifts Boil Water Advisory For Specific Area
- Antibacterial Resistance Can Lead to Stronger Bacterial Strains
- Police: Domestic Violence Suspect Tried to Hide, Resist Arrest
- Holocaust Survivor, French Resistance Fighter to Speak at SOU
- Bottled Water