CHEMULT, Ore. — Search and rescue teams are trying to find a Eugene man who is believed to have disappeared around Timpanogas Lake, in the northeastern corner of Douglas County.
37-year-old Roscoe Casita was reported missing to the Eugene Police Department on Saturday by family members. On Monday, Casita's family found his blue 2017 Subaru Outback parked at Timpanogas Lake, where Casita has camped in the past.
"Douglas County Search and Rescue members are currently searching the area around Timpanogas Lake for Casita," the Sheriff's Office said.
Timpanogas Lake is located about 93 miles northeast of Roseburg and 94 miles southeast of Eugene. It lies just south of Summit Lake in Klamath County, not far from Crescent Lake and Diamond Peak.
Casita is described as a white man, 5'10" and 220 pounds, with black hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a white shirt and black shorts.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Casita is urged to contact the Douglas County Sheriff's Office at (541) 440-4471.
- Rescuers search for Eugene man missing near Douglas, Klamath county border
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested in Douglas County After Deputy Pursuit
- Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Klamath County Man
- Rescue Teams Save Israeli Hiker on Border of Klamath, Douglas Counties
- Rescuers Find Missing Mt. Ashland Snowboarder Alive
- Body Found in River Identified as Missing Douglas County Man
- Search For Missing Josephine County Man
- Memorial To Honor 9/11 Rescuers
- Klamath County Man Convicted on Felony Charges
- Man killed in Klamath County crash