CROZET, Vir. (AP) - Republican lawmakers and aides say a train carrying them to a policy retreat in West Virginia has hit a truck. House Speaker Paul Ryan is among those who were on-board. Oklahoma GOP Rep. Tom Cole says a person on the truck may have been injured. Emergency workers were on the scene.
Oregon Congressman Greg Walden was on the train and tweeted "We're fine, but our train hit a garbage truck. Members with medical training are assisting the drivers of the truck."
Cole says he's not aware of any injuries on the train. A GOP aide speaking on condition of anonymity because the aide was not authorized to speak publicly says no lawmakers were injured.
Cole says he believes the accident occurred near Charlottesville, Virginia.
ABC News is sending a reporter to the scene and we will carry that report for you on NewsWatch 12 Midday starting at 11am.
- Republican Congressmen Aboard Amtrak Train Involved in Accident
- "Multiple fatalities" on derailed Amtrak train
- Klamath Falls Amtrak Trains Expect Delays
- Victim Identified in Fatal Crash Between Amtrak Train and Vehicle
- Amtrak Didn't Wait for System That Could've Prevented Wreck
- UPDATE: Two Killed in Crash are Amtrak Workers
- Train Strikes Abandoned Motorhome
- Fire Crews Train with Smoke Machines During Annual Training
- Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Cave Junction