JOSEPHINE COUNTY, Ore. —
UPDATE: All lanes are now open on both U.S. 199 (Redwood Highway) and OR 62 (Crater Lake Highway) following two separate crashes on Wednesday afternoon, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation.
(Updated 8/21/19 at 3 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: Fire, medical and traffic crews are busy with two crashes between Josephine County and the Medford area on Wednesday afternoon.
U.S. 199 (Redwood Highway) was blocked due to a single-vehicle rollover crash just north of the Californi border, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT). Medical crews and deputies from the Josephine County Sheriff's office were on-scene, with troopers and ODOT crews on the way.
"Expect delays," ODOT said. "Motorists urged to use caution driving on rain-slick roadways."
By 2:45 p.m., the agency reported that one lane had been opened to traffic.
"Single lane is open. Watch for flaggers and expect short delay," ODOT said. "Continue to slow down and drive with caution on rain slick roadways."
Meanwhile, a crash at the top of the I-5 Exit 30 northbound ramp at Highway 62 in Medford snarled eastbound traffic on the highway and at the I-5 off-ramp. ODOT said to expect delays and congestion in the area.
Medford police and fire crews were on the scene, with ODOT on the way.
By 2:40 p.m., ODOT said that the eastbound slow lane and shoulder of Hwy 62 remained closed for recovery, but all other lanes were open. Traffic remained backed up on the southbound I-5 off-ramp onto the freeway.
- Crashes on Redwood Hwy, Crater Lake Hwy cause traffic backups
- Accident Slows Traffic on Crater Lake Ave
- UPDATE: Fire Engulfs Smoking Duck, Apartments on Redwood Hwy in Selma
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Redwood Highway is reopen
- TRAFFIC ALERT: A Rollover Crash is Blocking Traffic on I-5 North of Crater Lake Highway
- Crash on Highway 99 in Phoenix causing traffic backups
- Multi-Vehicle Crash On Hwy. 199 Leaves One Dead
- Passenger Dead in Car Chase, Crash on Hwy 62
- UPDATE: One Woman Dies After Williams Hwy Crash Near Murphy
- Pedestrian Killed in Klamath County Crash on Hwy 97