Photo Gallery 4 Images
CAVE JUNCTION, Ore. —
UPDATE: Preliminary investigation revealed that a white 1993 Chevy S10 Blazer, operated by 89-year-old Evelyn Parmerlee of Cave Junction, was traveling south on Hwy 199. Parmerlee tried to turn left onto Pinewood Way when she crashed head-on with a brown 1988 Ford Bronco II, operated by 54-year-old Michael Finley II, also of Cave Junction.
Parmerlee suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced deceased on scene.
Finley and his passenger, 44-year-old Rachel Lawson of Cave Junction were transported by AMR ambulance to Three Rivers Medical Center with serious injuries.
(Updated 11/20/18 at 7:57 a.m.)
UPDATE: The Illinois Valley Fire District says one person is dead and two others are injured following a rollover crash on Highway 199 in Cave Junction.
Crews say the crash happened around 3 p.m. on HWY 199 and Pinewood Way.
They say AMR transported two patients to Asante Three Rivers Medical Center. One person was pronounced dead at the scene.
HWY 199 was closed for about three and a half hours. Oregon State Police and the Oregon Department of Transportation were all on the scene.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
UPDATE: A detour has been set up north and south of the crash site at Hwy 199 milepost 30.5, using Rockydale and Waldo Roads.
ODOT says that emergency crews are still working on the roll-over crash, which involves multiple patients. The closure may be lengthy due to a crash investigation.
(Updated 11/19/18 at 4:06 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: Highway 199 is closed at the intersection with Caves Highway following a roll-over crash, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT).
The crash occurred around milepost 29, ODOT said. Life Flight has been activated. Drivers should expect delays and congestion in the area.
This is a developing story, and NewsWatch 12 will update this article with more details as they emerge.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Rollover Crash on Highway 199
- Crash on Highway 199
- Crash On Highway 199 Kills One, Injures Another
- One Man Dead After Crash On Highway 199
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims in Fatal Crash on Highway 199
- Oregon State Police investigating crash on Highway 199 near O'Brien
- Motorcyclist injured in crash on US 199 Monday morning
- Multi-Vehicle Crash On Hwy. 199 Leaves One Dead
- Police investigating rollover crash on Redwood Highway
- Driver Is Minimally Injured After Rollover Crash