MEDFORD, Ore. -- A record number of Americans are expected to travel this Christmas and New Year Holidays. That's according to AAA, which says roughly 1.3 million Oregonians are expected to travel between December 23rd and January 1st.
Nationwide, AAA estimates 107 million people will travel and that 91 percent of those traveling will be driving. And driving could be costing travelers more than in years past. Gas pump prices up 15 to 40 cents - the highest Americans have seen since 2014.
If you want to beat the traffic, peak travel times are between 3 p.m and 7 p.m.
- Record Number Of Travelers Expected For Holidays
- Record Number Of Travelers Expected For Independence Day
- Holiday Travel
- AIFF Sees Record Breaking Number of Entries
- AIFF Plans To Sell Record Number of Tickets
- Cyber Monday Shopping Expected to Hit New Record
- Understanding Fertilizer Numbers
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines