MEDFORD, Ore. -- A record number of Americans are expected to travel this Christmas and New Year Holidays. That's according to AAA, which says roughly 1.3 million Oregonians are expected to travel between December 23rd and January 1st.
Nationwide, AAA estimates 107 million people will travel and that 91 percent of those traveling will be driving. And driving could be costing travelers more than in years past. Gas pump prices up 15 to 40 cents - the highest Americans have seen since 2014.
If you want to beat the traffic, peak travel times are between 3 p.m and 7 p.m.
- Record Number Of Travelers Expected For Holidays
- Record Travel Numbers Expected for Holiday Season
- Record Number Of Travelers Expected For Independence Day
- Holiday Travel
- Dangerous Travel Conditions Expected Due to Storm
- AIFF Sees Record Breaking Number of Entries
- Traveling For the Holidays at the Airport
- AIFF Plans To Sell Record Number of Tickets
- Jackson County sees record number of suicides in 2018
- Record number of child hot car deaths in 2018