Photo Gallery 7 Images
ASHLAND, Ore. — A reckless driver hitting an electrical box caused an outage on Monday morning for an area of Ashland that included medical facilities, police and power officials have confirmed.
The crash occurred on Monday morning when the driver of a red sports car — apparently fresh off-the-lot, as the vehicle still had dealership plates — lost control, left the roadway, and crashed into an electrical box in the 600-block of N Main Street in Ashland.
The 19-year-old driver was cited for Reckless Driving, according to Ashland Police. The department did not provide any further details about the driver or the circumstances of the crash, but did not indicate that he had been injured.
Damage to the electrical box caused outages for multiple buildings in the surrounding block — including Ashland Surgery Center, Siskiyou Eye Center, and Glow Skin Rejuvenation and Laser, according to a map provided by Ashland Electric Department.
NewsWatch 12 has been unable to confirm yet if these locations experienced difficulties due to the outage, or if there were sources of backup power.
- 'Reckless Driving' crash causes lost power for Ashland medical facilities
- Reckless driving leads to fatal crash on Highway 99
- Pacific Power Reports Power Outage in Ashland
- Reckless Driving Complaint Leads to Two Arrests in Chiloquin
- Medford Police seeks info on reckless driving 'chase' through downtown
- Police arrest man suspected in reckless driving crash that killed Wolf Creek firefighter's wife
- Ashland Water
- Truck driver speaks out about the dangers of driving reckless near an 18-wheeler
- Ashland Police Officer Dies on Duty from 'Major Medical Event'
- Deputies arrest 'reckless driver' following 36-mile high-speed chase