WHITE CITY, Ore. — After a string of structure fires in the first two weeks of March, Fire District 3 (FD3) has released the suspected causes for fire investigations that were previously ongoing.
- March 5, 2018 - Newland Road Structure Fire, Central Point: A barn fire has been determined to be accidental, caused by an electrical malfunction
- March 12, 2018 - Tamarack Lane Structure Fire, Central Point: Single-story barn fire that investigators believe was accidental, possibly from an electrical malfunction.
- March 13, 2018 – Table Rock Structure Fire, Central Point: Fire in a detached garage which spread to a home. This fire is still under investigation and the cause is undetermined. FD3 and insurance investigators are partnering to finish the inquiry.
- March 13, 2018 – Corey Road Structure Fire, Central Point: A vacant home, investigators believe this was caused by reckless burning.
- March 14, 2018 – Wilson Road Structure Fire: A residential home, determined to be accidental. The cause was electrical malfunction.
FD3 are encouraging the public to check that their home electrical systems are functioning safely, as so many of these recent fires were caused by electrical malfunctions. FD3 has provided a link to an in-home safety checklist, below.
Medford Fire-Rescue also shared a link to the National Fire Protection Association, with some statistics on the topic of home fire sprinklers.