YREKA, Cal.-- A Yreka casino is about is just a few months away from opening its doors for the first time.
Before it can begin operating, it has to fill hundreds of staffing positions.
NewsWatch 12's Cassandra Mlynarek shows us how the casino is working to fill these slots.
From casino dealers, to servers, bartenders, and security guards…. you name it.
Rain Rock Casino is hiring for these positions and more.
Everything it takes to make a $35-million dollar casino come to life.
Rain Rock is hoping to get enough employees to get the project running.
On Friday, January 5th and Saturday January 6th - locals interested in positions with the casino are invited to attend a job fair at the Siskiyou Golden Fairgrounds in Yreka.
AJ Mickee applied for a food beverage management position back in November.
He says it's the perfect way to be a part of a growing industry.
AJ Mickee says, "This is going to be the premier destination in Yreka on I5 the atmosphere that we're going to provide will be fun. The gaming industry is a great industry to work for. It's different every single day."
And with plans for future expansion of the casino - tourism and jobs in the area are only expected to increase.
Rain Rock Casino tells NewsWatch 12 it will be hiring several positions on the spot.
The Rain Rock Casino job fair will take place from 3pm-6pm on Friday and 9am-12pm on Saturday.
- Rain Rock Casino Prepares For Job Fair
- Job Fair at New Casino in Yreka
- Rain Rock Casino Opens for Business in Yreka
- Over 800 apply for jobs at new casino in Yreka
- Expo Prepares For Jackson County Fair
- Rogue Rock Gym
- Crater Rock Museum
- 4-H families prepare to show at the Josephine County Fair
- Goodwill works to match job seekers with employers at job fair
- Table Rock Elementary prepares kindergarteners for the first day of school