GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- The Rogue Area Drug Enforcement (RADE) team seized a pound of heroin and more than two ounces of methamphetamine from Schroeder Park in Grants Pass on Tuesday June 5, 2018.
Detective Sgt. Doni Hamilton says the drugs start in Mexico, but local traffickers aren't going down there to smuggle them into the U.S. Sgt. Hamilton says they are being smuggled in from California.
On Tuesday, 41-year-old Robert Simmons, 41-year-old Myles Hook, and 29-year-old Sharmalee Nadarajah were arrested on charges of Manufacture, Delivery, and Possession of Heroin and Methamphetamine.
Sgt. Hamilton says Simmons is from Josephine County. Sgt. Hamilton says Simmons had multiple outstanding warrants for similar crimes, and had been on the run for sometime.
"From our investigation it appears that he had just gotten here, only a few days," says Sgt. Hamilton.
RADE detectives also seized scales, packaging material, and large sums of money during the arrest.
"So we essentially stopped it before we got loose," says Sgt. Hamilton.
RADE says although they stopped these three, the stream of dealers and traffickers catering to the hundreds of users in Josephine County is hard to stop.
"We're probably investigating two to four main dealers right now as it is," says Sgt. Hamilton.
Simmons, Hook, and Nadarajah are now all lodged in the Josephine County Jail. The detectives ask that if you have any information regarding this case to contact the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety.
- RADE Seizes Heroin and Meth in Local Park
- RADE Team Investigation Leads To 4 Arrests
- K9 leads officers to arrest woman in Hugo, seize meth and heroin
- Prosecutor: Mexico-to-Oregon ring had $15M in meth, heroin
- Australia and US seize largest ever meth shipment
- Heroin Overdose Death
- First Heroin Overdose In Hawthorne Park This Year
- Sheriff: Traffic stop, K9 search leads to multiple arrests for meth, heroin
- Police: SWAT called in for arrest of sex offender accused of dealing heroin, meth
- Five face federal charges for smuggling meth, heroin into Klamath Falls area