EUGENE, Ore. —
UPDATE: Troy Irick, a psychiatric patient of Oregon State Hospital, has been found after disappearing in Eugene on Thursday, according to the Oregon Health Authority.
Officals say that a Eugene police officer took Irick into custody on Thursday night shortly before 9:30 p.m.
"The patient is currently awaiting transport back to the hospital in Junction City," the Health Authority said.
The agency had reported that Irick "should not be approached" but was not considered a danger to himself or others.
(Updated 7/12/19 at 10:35 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: State officials are looking for a psychiatric patient from Oregon State Hospital after he disappeared from a group outing on Thursday, according to the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
35-year-old Troy Irick was reported missing on Thursday after leaving a group activity at the Laurel Hill Center in Eugene around 1:45 p.m.
"Irick asked to use the restroom and left the immediate area," OHA said.
While Irick is not considered an imminent danger to himself or others, OHA said that he "should not be approached" and that anyone with information about his location should contact Oregon State Police.
Irick was admitted from Coos County to the Oregon State Hospital's Junction City campus on September 9, 2017. Irick had been found guilty except for insanity on charges of unlawful use of a weapon and menacing.
Hospital officials describe Irick as 5'7" and about 156 pounds with short brown hair, a brown beard, and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing gray sweat pants and a hooded sweat shirt.
"Anyone seeing Irick should call 911 or the Oregon State Police at 800-452-7888. Please reference OSP Case Number SP19-246525," OHA said.
- Oregon State Hospital Psychiatric patient found hours after going missing
- Missing Oregon Truck Driver Found
- UPDATE: Body Found in Brush Hours After Oregon Rollover Crash
- Missing Biker Found in Central Oregon
- Ailing Oregon Secretary of State Scales Back Office Hours
- Sheriff: Missing White City Alzheimer's patient located
- UPDATE: Missing mother found
- UPDATE: Missing Oregon Woman and Child Found Dead
- Police Believe Body Found In Dayton Is Missing Oregon Mother
- Missing Washington Woman Found Dead on Oregon Coast