NEW YORK (AP) - President Donald Trump plans to sign an executive order directing federal agencies to prioritize research and development in the field of artificial intelligence.
The plan, called the American AI Initiative, is intended to enhance national and economic security and improve Americans' quality of life.
It directs federal agencies to make data and computing resources more available to artificial intelligence experts while maintaining security and confidentiality.
It also says federal agencies will establish guidance to ensure the new technologies are developed in a safe, trustworthy way.
The initiative calls on federal agencies to help workers gain relevant skills through fellowships, apprenticeships, training programs and computer science education.
A senior administration official said the plan does not include funding details and it's up to Congress to appropriate money.
- President Trump to Call for Investment in Artificial Intelligence
- Ashland Hotel Uses Artificial Intelligence Concierge
- Senate Intelligence Committee subpoenas Donald Trump Jr.
- Woodbridge Mortgage Investment Accused Of Real Estate Investment Scam
- Facebook Investing In Local News
- President Trump Signs Directive Calling for Establishment of 'Space Force'
- CNN is Suing President Trump
- For the first time, a rare rhino was born by artificial insemination at the Miami zoo
- President Trump calls for a strong response to the surge of migrants at the border
- Local Stakeholders Announce Major Investments in Klamath Basin