SOUTHERN Ore. -- Some of the smoke in the air on Sunday is not from wildfires.
There are some controlled burns happening in Klamath and Lake Counties.
Three are in Klamath County along Highway 140. 114 acres will be burned near the Odessa area. 126 acres near the Mountain Lakes Estates Subdivision and 11 acres near the Cold Springs Trail-head turn off.
There will also be one in Lake County six miles west of Drews Reservoir. 400 acres will be burned in the area and you should expect to see smoke for at least three days.
- Prescribed burns in Southern Oregon
- Oregon OKs New Smoke Rules to Allow More Prescribed Burns
- With prescribed burns and ordinances, cities prepare for fire season
- Taylor Butte wildfire treated as a prescribed burn
- Officials prepare for largest prescribed burn in Pacific Northwest
- Forestry officials prepare for 13,000-acre prescribed burn near Chemult
- Prescribed burn on the Fremont-Winema National Forest
- Prescribed Fires to Begin in South Central Oregon
- Firefighters across the world are learning about prescribed burning in Ashland
- Southern Oregon Fire Crews Aid Southern California in Wildfire Fight