In Jackson County, 58 percent of voters said yes, while 41 percent voted no.
In Josephine County, 48 percent of voters said yes, with 52 percent saying no.
In Curry County, 54 percent voted yes, with 46 percent voting no.
In Klamath County, 40 percent of voters said yes with 59 percent voting no.
In Lake County, 35 percent of voters said yes while 65 percent voted no.
8:30PM UPDATE: Yes votes are at 61.43% with 470,173 votes. No votes are at 38.57% with 295,247 votes. 29.23% of ballots received by all elgible voters are counted.
8PM UPDATE: Oregon Secretary of State Dennis Richardson announced preliminary results on his Facebook live that 19.8% of registered voters have ballots counted as of 8PM. He says Measure 101 passes with 65.9%. No votes reached 34.5%. These are preliminary results. Official results have 20 days to get certified.
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Oregonians have until 8 p.m. to vote on whether the state will tax hospitals and health insurers to pay rising Medicaid costs.
Oregon is a vote-by-mail state so most ballots have already been turned in.
Stragglers have until Tuesday evening to take ballots to designated drop boxes.
Oregon expanded its Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act but is now hampered by rising health care costs.
The tax would generate between $210 million and $320 million in revenue over the next two years.
Proponents say hundreds of thousands of low-income Oregonians could lose their health care if Measure 101 fails.
Opponents say the taxes are unfair because they exempt unions and large corporations.
If the measure fails, lawmakers must address health care funding in a legislative session next month.
- Preliminary Results Show Oregonians Vote Yes on Measure 101
- Measure 103 Has Oregonians Divided
- Group Rallies for 'Yes' on Measure 101
- What Measure 101 Means for Your Wallet
- Some GOP-Counties Backed Measure 101
- Oregonians Helping with Florence Recovery
- Oregonians Prepare for Possibility of Evacuation
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Primary Election Results
- Your Voice, Your Vote: A Breakdown of Measure 106
- Your Voice, Your Vote: A Breakdown of Measure 102