WISCONSIN (AP) - A single ticket sold in Wisconsin matched all six numbers in the Powerball drawing to win the third-largest jackpot in U.S. lottery history.
A statement on the Powerball website says that due to strong ticket sales, the jackpot climbed to an estimated $768.4 million at the time of the drawing with a cash option of $477 million. It was originally estimated to be the 4th largest jackpot.
The numbers announced Wednesday are 16, 20, 37, 44, 62 and the Powerball number is 12.
Seven tickets matched all five white balls, but missed matching the red Powerball to win a $1 million prize.
Powerball is played in 44 states, plus Washington, D.C., the U.S Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
- Powerball winning ticket sold in Wisconsin
- Jacksonville Man Wins Big With Powerball Ticket
- Oregon man wins $150,000 from 'accidental' Powerball ticket purchase at Food 4 Less
- Roofer wins $50,000 Powerball prize, one number away from jackpot
- Jacksonville lottery win prompts free ticket giveaway
- AIFF Tickets on Sale
- New York man wins $344 million Powerball jackpot by playing same numbers for 25 years
- 2 Southern Oregon Businesses Receive Powerball Bonus Checks
- Powerball winner donates half a million dollars to veterans group
- Wisconsin Company Gives Employees Revolvers for Christmas