GRANTS PASS, Ore-- Rural Metro Fire says a power line failure started a grass fire in Grants Pass.
Rural Metro and ODF crews quickly contained the fire. The fire only grew to be one tenth of an acre.
It happened along Meadowlark Lane on the northern end of Colonial Valley. Fire crews called Pacific Power to shut down power until clean up was finished. As of 10:00 am Saturday there were no reports of power outages in the area. Everyone in the area should have their power back on.
Rural Metro says luckily the fire started after Friday's red flag weather warning.
- Power line failure causes grass fire
- Ornamental Grasses
- Grass Fire in Cave Junction Under Investigation
- Small Grass Fire Along Greenway Under Investigation
- Grass Fire In Weed Near Taco Bell
- What's Wrong With My Grass?
- UPDATE: Fire Crews Contain Grass Fire in Applegate Valley
- Utility says power lines may have started 2 California fires
- Out of Control Burn Pile Causes Grass Fire
- Police Looking for Transient Suspected of Starting Grass Fire