UPDATE: Power has now been restored to the affected areas of west Medford, according to Pacific Power.
(Updated as of 1:00 p.m. on Monday, June 11)
UPDATE: Pacific Power has confirmed that the power outage in west Medford was caused by a car crashing into a power pole. There is no word yet on whether anyone was injured in the crash.
Power crews expect to have the pole repaired and power restored by 2 p.m. today.
(Updated as of 12:20 p.m. on Monday, June 11)
MEDFORD, Ore. — Pacific Power is currently reporting an outage of 270 customers in west Medford, near the intersection of W McAndrews Road and W Jackson Street.
NewsWatch 12 is working to confirm the cause of the outage and how long it will be in effect. This is a developing story.
- UPDATE: Power Outage in West Medford Caused by Car Crash, Now Resolved
- Crash causes power outages in Medford and beyond
- 'Large Scale' Power Outage in Grants Pass, Rogue River Resolved
- Medford Power Outage Brings Down Traffic Lights
- Car Accident Causes Power Outage in Central Point
- UPDATE: Widespread Power Outage Caused by Damaged Substation
- Power Outages Affect Hundreds
- Pacific Power Reports Power Outage in Ashland
- Preparing for a power outage
- Snapped Power Pole Causes Outages in Central Point