UPDATE: At this time, the number of customers affected by this outage has been downgraded to a mere two, according to Pacific Power. However the estimated time for completion is still 8:30 p.m.
(Updated as of 4:54 p.m. on Friday, May 11)
UPDATE: The Pacific Power website has downgraded the number of affected customers to 363 at this time, although that number may continue to fluctuate.
The site also estimates that power will be restored by 8:30 p.m. Friday night.
(Updated as of 4:15 p.m. on Friday, May 11)
UPDATE: A representative from Pacific Power said that the outage was caused by a vehicle crash apparently taking down a power pole and transformers.
At this time they have no estimate of when the outage will be resolved, but Pacific Power crews are on the scene and are working to restore power.
(Updated as of 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 11)
MERLIN, Ore. — A large power outage hit in the town of Merlin around 3 p.m. on Friday. According to Director Larry Graves of Josephine County Airports, the Grants Pass Airport lost power as well.
Graves said that a new generator, which Josephine County acquired through grants recently, has kept the airport up and running in the meantime.
"In the first real-world test of our resilience and readiness to support the community in the event of a major power outage or earthquake, the new power generator came on line within seconds, and the Airport has not been subject to any interruption in power of service," said Graves.
At the time of this article's publishing, Pacific Power reported that 1207 customers are affected.
The cause of the outage, how wide of an area is affected, and how long it will be to get power back online is still unknown at this time.
- UPDATE: Power Outage in Merlin Hits Airport, Surrounding Area
- Pacific Power upgrades in Merlin cause short-term planned outage
- Power Outages Affect Hundreds
- Merlin Sidewalk Project Halfway Finished
- Pacific Power Reports Power Outage in Ashland
- Preparing for a power outage
- New evacuation updates surrounding Milepost 97 fire
- Some Power Outages Persist After Winter Weather Hits Southern Oregon
- UPDATE: Oregon State Police Investigating Shooting Near Merlin
- UPDATE: Victim, Suspect Identified from Apparent Murder-Suicide Near Merlin