PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A Portland cremation worker who says she was sexually harassed and fired after reporting she sustained a back injury when a heavy corpse fell on her has filed a lawsuit seeking $900,000.
The sex discrimination and workers compensation discrimination lawsuit was filed Thursday in Multnomah County Circuit Court against Portland Cremation Center.
Court documents say the woman and a co-worker in August were carrying a heavy corpse up a narrow flight of stairs when the corpse fell and pinned the woman against a wall.
The lawsuit says she reported the injury and was fired the next day.
The lawsuit also says the woman's supervisors created a sexually hostile workplace that included grabbing her breasts.
An attorney for Portland Cremation Center says the company denies any wrongdoing.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Worker Fired From Portland Cremation Center After Heavy Corpse Fell On Her
- Portland Scrap Fire Spreads to Apartments; Cats Killed
- Portland Police Investigate Gunfire Near Nike Store
- Armed Gunman Robs 7-Eleven In Portland
- Lab Confirms Portland Crows Killed By Poison
- Officer-Involved Shooting In Downtown Portland
- Portland Bites Down on Plastic Straws, Cutlery
- Driver Crashes into Debris Following Heavy Winds
- ODOT Prepares Interstate 5 For Heavy Snow