Police in Portland, Oregon shot a federal fugitive last night inside a Fred Meyer.
The officers were responding to a call of a man yelling at employees and causing a disturbance at a Starbuck's inside the store. After the suspect displayed a gun, four officers shot at him.
He was transported to a hospital, where he is expected to survive his injuries. A witness says it looked like he was shot in the shoulder.
Witness inside the Fred Meyer says, "There's a whole bunch of shots, probably about nine shots, and everybody at the entrance to the store ran back into the building. That's when I got up and I walked towards the door and there was a man laying on the ground. He had blood leaking out of his shoulder, his left shoulder."
All four of the officers involved in the shooting are on paid administrative leave.
- Portland Police shot a Federal Fugitive in Fred Meyer
- Man Arrested for Detonating Pipe Bomb Behind Fred Meyers
- Grants Pass Fred Meyer Open After Late Night Lockdown
- Police: Suspect in custody after fatal stabbing outside Fred Meyer in Grants Pass
- Fugitive arrested in Jackson County
- Portland Police Investigate Gunfire Near Nike Store
- Authorities Search for Fugitive Rape Suspect
- FBI Requests Help in Finding Fugitive
- Portland Police Officer Sentenced For Having Sex On Duty
- Police Make Arrest In Portland Boat Ramp Shooting