PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A Portland police officer has pleaded guilty to official misconduct for having sex while on duty with a woman he met while responding to a call.
The Portland Police Bureau says 46-year-old Christian Berge was sentenced Thursday to 18 months of probation and 120 hours of community service. He also resigned as a Portland police officer.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports Berge had sex with the woman after responding to a call regarding a neighborhood noise disturbance.
Multnomah County Chief Deputy District Attorney Don Rees said after the court hearing that Berge's sexual relationship was ongoing from mid-August 2015 through May of this year. He said the woman reported the relationship to police recently.
Berge joined the bureau in December 2007 after working as an officer in San Francisco.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Portland Police Officer Sentenced For Having Sex On Duty
- Ashland Police Officer Dies on Duty from 'Major Medical Event'
- Officer-Involved Shooting In Downtown Portland
- Three Men Sue Archdiocese of Portland for Sex Abuse
- Portland Police Investigate Gunfire Near Nike Store
- Sheriff: Classroom 'Grandpa' Sentenced for Sex Abuse
- Police Make Arrest In Portland Boat Ramp Shooting
- Portland Police shot a Federal Fugitive in Fred Meyer
- Armed Gunman Robs 7-Eleven In Portland
- Lab Confirms Portland Crows Killed By Poison