ROGUE RIVER, Ore. — Police are still looking for the person who shot a man outside of the Best Western hotel in Rogue River late Tuesday night, according to the Rogue River Police Department (RRPD).
According to the agency, the shooting happened just before midnight on Best Western property, although none of the parties involved were guests at the hotel. Investigators determined that the two parties met for a drug deal involving illegal marijuana when something went wrong and a confrontation occurred.
One man was shot in the hip, but the injury did not prove to be serious. That man was released from the hospital on Wednesday.
The person who shot the victim is still at large and is unidentified, but RRPD said that they do not believe there is any threat to the public. The investigation is ongoing, and the agency said that more details would be released at a later date.
- Investigators still trying to identify suspect in shooting outside of Rogue River hotel
- Rogue River Highway back open after investigation
- UPDATE: Authorities Identify Jet Skier Found Dead in Rogue River
- Truck drifting in Rogue River
- Crews Backburn Close to the Rogue River
- Rogue River Rafting Incident Claims Man's Life
- Missing person found in Rogue River
- Rogue River School Board Continues Year-Round School Discussion
- Rogue River Police Officer Found Not Guilty of Assault
- Rogue River Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Young Girl