GRANTS PASS, Ore. — In March, an inmate at the Josephine County Jail reportedly tried to stage a jailbreak through the building's ventilation system, reaching the building's roof and jumping to the ground before being taken back into custody at the conclusion of a foot chase.
Now, police are looking for someone involved in the incident that day.
According to the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety (GPDPS), Justin Denney made it to the Walmart front parking lot after leaping from the jail's roof. There, the agency says, Denney "accosted" a young woman as he tried to steal her car.
Police are hoping to talk to that young woman — described as a young, white female in her late teens or early 20s. With her at the time was a "small white juvenile."
"We believe the young female would have been operating a white sedan," GPDPS said.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact GPDPS Detective Archie Lidey at (541) 450-6342.
Denney currently faces multiple criminal cases between Jackson and Josephine counties, and more charges than would be practical to list — most of them involving burglary, theft, robbery, identity theft, and charges related to his alleged attempted escape from jail.
- Police seek woman 'accosted' during inmate's attempted jailbreak
- Police: Woman arrested for 'attempting to drown her baby'
- FBI seeks Oregon fugitive 8 years after attempted murder of police officer
- Police seek suspect in Medford theft of truck, handgun later used in attempted murder
- Escaped Inmate Captured
- Medford Police Seek Car Theft Suspect
- Police Seek Bank Robber in Grants Pass
- Police Seek Help Identifying Juvenile Victims
- Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Woman in Josephine County
- Police: White City Shooting Victim Had Attempted Home Invasion