Photo Gallery 3 Images
MEDFORD, Ore. — Medford Police officers are looking for the suspect in the theft of a pickup truck and a handgun, the latter of which was later used in an attempted murder.
According to the agency, officers began investigating a burglary, car theft and car break-in at the 1200-block of North Riverside on March 13. The burglar made off with a 2016-17 Ford F-150, assorted other valuables, and a handgun.
The next day, the same handgun was used in an attempted murder case, the Medford Police Department (MPD) said. Although officers arrested the suspect, they came to believe that he was not involved in the original theft.
"Surveillance video captured the vehicle, as well as the suspects, committing the original theft," MPD said. "We are confident the vehicle is a black 2016-17 Ford F150, based on the specific grill and body style. Two suspects are seen on video and one can be described as a black male adult. The other suspect had his face covered."
On March 18, a woman bought the stolen pickup at a local motel — later telling investigators that the suspects were two black men, one of them around 50 years old and thin, while the other was a younger man with a medium build.
"They were driving the exact vehicle seen in the surveillance video," MPD said.
The agency is looking for tips, and callers can remain anonymous. Call 541-774-2230 or send MPD a Facebook message, reference case # 19-4646 and request Detective Amaya.
- Police seek suspect in Medford theft of truck, handgun later used in attempted murder
- Medford Police Seek Car Theft Suspect
- Police: Suspect Arrested after Attempted Murder, Medford Stand-Off
- Police searching for suspect in Medford bike shop theft
- Medford Police Sees Spike in Car Thefts
- Medford Police Seek Suspect in Drive-By Shooting
- Police Seek Suspect in Medford Drive-by Shooting
- Police: Yreka Attempted Murder Suspect Turned Himself In
- Medford Man Arrested in Maryland on Attempted Murder Charge
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested