GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Oregon State Police (OSP) have identified a man hit and killed while crossing I-5 on foot more than a week ago. The agency said that the man has been identified as 61-year-old Michael D. Kerrigan, "mainly from" Los Angeles.
Troopers received multiple calls after 10 p.m. on the night of Saturday, June 29, reporting that someone was walking on I-5 in both the north and southbound lanes of travel.
"Troopers were actively looking for the subject when a passing motorist advised them a vehicle had struck a pedestrian near milepost 58," OSP said.
Investigators found that 51-year-old Shannon Baldwin of Central Point was driving his 2009 Toyota Camry southbound on I-5 when he hit Kerrigan, who was apparently walking or standing in the southbound lanes.
Kerrigan died at the scene. Baldwin and his passenger, 55-year-old Hope Sakrison, were both brought to the hospital and treated for minor injuries.
I-5 southbound was closed down briefly, then opened to a single lane for about two and a half hours after the crash.
- Police identify pedestrian killed in fatal crash on I-5 in Josephine County
- Police Identify Pedestrian Struck and Killed by Semi on I-5
- UPDATE: Police Identify Parties in Fatal Josephine County Shooting
- UPDATE: Driver Identified in Fatal I-5 Crash South of Medford
- Josephine County Fair
- Controversy in Josephine County
- Josephine County Man Shot
- Woman Identified In Pedestrian vs. Car Fatal Accident
- Pedestrian Hit By Car in Fatal Accident Identified
- BREAKING: Deadly Car Crash in Josephine County