ROGUE RIVER, Ore. — Police have identified a young man killed in a crash along Highway 99 just after midnight on Monday morning.
According to Oregon State Police (OSP), 24-year-old Kevin Majoros of Central Point was driving his 1987 Toyota pickup along the highway when he failed to negotiate a curve near milepost 10, left the roadway, and came to rest in Birdseye Creek. The creek lies just across the Rogue River from Valley of the Rogue State Park.
Troopers and emergency personnel from Rogue River Fire and Police departments, the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, and the Oregon Department of Transportation responded to the crash around 12:18 a.m.
Majoros sustained fatal injuries in the crash and was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Police identify driver killed in Hwy 99 crash at Birdseye Creek
- Fatal crash near Phoenix closes Hwy 99
- Police identify man killed in mowing accident along Hwy 42 in Douglas County
- Police identify truck driver killed in early morning crash near Gold Hill
- UPDATE: Police Identify Driver of Vehicle in Crash that Killed Eagle Point Girls
- Crashes on Redwood Hwy, Crater Lake Hwy cause traffic backups
- Pedestrian Killed in Klamath County Crash on Hwy 97
- Two locals killed in Douglas County crash on Hwy 138E
- Pedestrian Killed in Crash Along Highway 99 in Jackson County
- Pilot Killed in Erickson Helicopter Crash Identified