KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — Officers with the Klamath Falls Police Department have arrested a man accused of a brutal assault during a home invasion early Wednesday morning, the agency said in a statement.
KFPD responded to a call in the 1800-block of Sargent Street just before 4:30 a.m. following a reported stabbing. When officers arrived, they found a man at the home with multiple knife wounds. Paramedics took him to Sky Lakes Medical Center with serious injuries.
The investigation eventually identified a suspect — 19-year-old Rayven Tequoi Lotches, a transient man.
"Officers determined Rayven Lotches removed a screen, opened a closed window, and unlawfully entered the victim’s residence," KFPD said. "Mr. Lotches stabbed the victim a number of times."
Lotches then tried to burn the house down, investigators believe. Although he dragged "combustible material" to an outside wall and tried to light it on fire, he was ultimately unsuccessful. Lotches then left the area, KFPD said.
Investigators do not believe that Lotches and the victim knew one another.
Around 6:30 a.m., in the same area of Klamath Falls, a woman reported seeing a man trying to break into several cars. When officers arrived, they found Lotches at the scene.
"Mr. Lotches was delusional and appeared to be under the influence of methamphetamine at the time of contact," KFPD said.
Officers arrested Lotches, took him to Sky Lakes Medical Center for evaluation, then lodged him at the Klamath County Jail.
"At this time, the incident is still under investigation," KFPD said. "If you have information regarding this case please contact the Klamath Falls Police Department at 541-883-5336. Anonymous information can also be left on the Klamath Falls Police Tip Line at 541-883-5334."
- Police arrest transient man suspected of Klamath Falls home invasion, attempted murder
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Klamath County murder arrest, suspect calls police on himself
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested After Pursuit
- Police: White City Shooting Victim Had Attempted Home Invasion
- UPDATE: Cave Junction Man Shot During Attempted Home-Invasion
- Police: Suspect Arrested after Attempted Murder, Medford Stand-Off
- Stabbing Suspect in Custody near Klamath Falls
- Sheriff: Suspect Arrested in Previous Theft From Klamath Falls Cemetery
- Arrest Made In Fatal Klamath Falls Stabbing