GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- The Grants Pass Department of safety says after a five day investigation into the shootings at the Parkway Christian Center and the Johnston Dental Offices, they made an arrest at approximately 2:00 AM this morning.
They say the arrest occurred at 901 South Vannoy Creek Rd., near Merlin.
Previous coverage of the shootings in Grants Pass:
With the assistance from the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety SWAT team, 26 year-old Joshua Ashley was taken into custody.
Over the past few days, detectives from GPDPS say they have painstakingly pieced together both shootings through surveillance footage, automated license plate reader technology, and witness statements. Subsequent to Ashley being arrested, detectives say they served a search warrant at the South Vannoy Creek Rd. address for evidence of the crimes related to both shootings.
Of the items seized, detectives say they seized a black, 2000 Honda CRV believed to be the car used in both shootings.
Ashley was lodged at the Josephine County Jail on the charges of Attempted Murder/Several Counts of Reckless Endangering/3 Counts of Unlawful Use of a Weapon.
The Grants Pass Department of Public Safety would like to thank all of the businesses that assisted with the investigations. The Grants Pass Department of Public Safety would like to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable Back to the 50's Weekend.
- Police arrest suspect in Grants Pass church, dentist shootings
- Police arrest suspect in Grants Pass BB gun 'criminal mischief'
- Police: Suspected heroin traffickers arrested in Grants Pass
- UPDATE: Police Arrest Suspects in Grants Pass Dutch Bros Robbery
- Police: Shootings at Grants Pass dental office and church likely linked
- Two Injured, Suspect Arrested in Grants Pass Street Racing Incident
- Suspect Arrested in Grants Pass for Punching, Strangling Woman
- UPDATE: Two Suspects Arrested in Grants Pass SWAT Standoff
- Suspect in Grants Pass Umpqua Bank Robbery Arrested
- Grants Pass Police Searching for Suspect Considered 'Armed and Dangerous'