GRANTS PASS, Ore. — An unrelated call from a person reporting a "suspicious vehicle" led police officers to the man believed responsible for shooting downtown businesses with a BB gun, according to the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety (GPDPS).
Just after 5 a.m. on Friday morning, a "concerned citizen" called police to report the suspicious vehicle, reportedly parked in the 1400-block of Sun Glo Drive. Officers arrived to find a gray Honda Accord which matched the description of the vehicle seen "in several recent BB gun criminal mischief investigations."
Officers did not find anyone around or inside the vehicle when they arrived, so detectives staked out the scene to see if someone would return.
"A couple hours later, two individuals were seen walking in the area, and one approached the involved vehicle, where he was contacted by Detectives," GPDPS said.
The investigation then led detectives and officers to a house at 1484 Blake Court, where "numerous subjects were located." However, investigators eventually discovered that 31-year-old Robert Correa was the car owner — and the suspect they had been looking for in the BB gun case.
Correa was arrested on two counts of Criminal Mischief 1, four counts of Criminal Mischief 2, Possession of Meth, and "additional charges to follow." Five other people at the house were arrested on other charges and warrants.
"This case is still under investigation and further charges against Correa are anticipated," GPDPS said.
- Police arrest suspect in Grants Pass BB gun 'criminal mischief'
- UPDATE: Police Arrest Suspects in Grants Pass Dutch Bros Robbery
- Police: Suspected heroin traffickers arrested in Grants Pass
- Student Arrested at Grants Pass High After Making Gun Threat
- UPDATE: Two Suspects Arrested in Grants Pass SWAT Standoff
- Suspect in Grants Pass Umpqua Bank Robbery Arrested
- Two Injured, Suspect Arrested in Grants Pass Street Racing Incident
- Suspect Arrested in Grants Pass for Punching, Strangling Woman
- Grants Pass Police Searching for Suspect Considered 'Armed and Dangerous'
- Police: Grants Pass Bank Robbery Suspect Fled on Scooter