GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Police officers tracked down and arrested a woman after witnesses reported her "menacing" drivers with a handgun on Thursday, according to the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety (GPDPS).
The first report came in just after 8 a.m., with a witness saying that a woman in a silver Toyota four-door had been pointing a gun at other drivers near SE M Street and SE 6th Street. Officers responded to the area, but couldn't find the woman or her vehicle.
About an hour later, dispatch received a second report — describing the same woman and the same vehicle, now near NE 7th Street and NE B Street.
"The female was again menacing subjects with a handgun and fled the scene in the silver Toyota," GPDPS said in a statement.
Officers began looking for the woman again. They found her in the Toyota driving on Ringuette Street near Union Avenue, where they conducated a "high-risk vehicle stop."
GPDPS said that officers identified the woman as 36-year-old Felicia Christine Rhodes. They reported finding a .40 caliber handgun after taking her into custody.
"No shots were fired and there were no injuries as a result of these incidents," the agency said.
Rhodes has been charged with three counts of unlawful use of a weapon, three counts of menacing, and two counts of disorderly conduct in the second degree.
Anyone who may have witnessed any additional incidents or has further information on the case is asked to contact Officer Maldonado with the GPDPS at 541-450-6260, reference case # 19-40768.
- Police: Woman arrested after menacing people with a gun in Grants Pass
- Police arrest suspect in Grants Pass BB gun 'criminal mischief'
- Sheriff: Young Jacksonville Woman Arrested for 'Eluding, Menacing Deputy'
- Woman arrested in Grants Pass arson investigation
- Police: Suspect 'strangled, assaulted and menaced' woman with a knife
- Police: Missing Grants Pass Woman Found Safe
- Student Arrested at Grants Pass High After Making Gun Threat
- Tree Ornaments a Merry Menace for Children
- Suspect Arrested in Grants Pass for Punching, Strangling Woman
- Information Needed: Grants Pass Woman Missing