WHITE CITY, Ore. — The victim of a shooting Tuesday night, March 20 in White City may be facing charges, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO). 30-year-old James Bennett is currently in the hospital, and will be brought to jail once he is released.
Detectives believe that Bennett and at least one accomplice approached an apartment on the 7600 block of Division Road in White City with the intent of committing a crime. In attempting a home invasion robbery, Bennett was shot by a resident.
Bennett called 911 for medical attention around 8:19 p.m. that evening. Deputies found him near Division Road and Carr Street. Bennett was transported to Rogue Medical Center with a single gunshot wound to the stomach.
The shooter's name has not been released, and JCSO says that he has been cooperating with investigators.
Detectives are still investigating the incident and the circumstances that led to the shooting. Anyone with information can call dispatch at (541) 776-7206 or the JCSO tip line at (541) 774-8333.
CLICK HERE for our story on the initial incident.
- Police: White City Shooting Victim Had Attempted Home Invasion
- UPDATE: Two More Arrested In White City Home Invasion Shooting
- UPDATE: Cave Junction Man Shot During Attempted Home-Invasion
- Central Point Police Looking For Third Suspect In Home Invasion
- Deputies Investigating Shooting in White City
- White City House Fire
- Neighbors, Family Help Save Homes in White City Fire
- UPDATE: White City VA on Lockdown After Officer-Involved Shooting
- Deputies Seek Answers in White City Playground Shooting
- Man Accused of Shooting Rifle in White City on Thanksgiving