YREKA, Calif. — A man is now in the Siskiyou County Jail, accused of a stabbing that left another man in critical condition on Thursday morning, according to the Yreka Police Department (YPD).
Around 6:30 a.m. on Thursday, YPD said that a fight broke out in the 1300-block of Comstock Drive in Yreka. A suspect stabbed a 29-year-old man "several times," according to YPD.
YPD would later identify the suspect as 30-year-old Joseph Alonzo Millan. But when officers arrived at the scene of the stabbing, they found that he had fled before their arrival.
Millan was known to ride a black Harley Davidson motorcycle with a CA license plate of 22H1315. According to YPD, Millan had "made statements that he would not turn himself in to Law Enforcement."
Later that day, YPD said that it received a tip about Millan's whereabouts. They found him at a home in the 700 block of Jackson Street, "with multiple people and children inside."
"Surveillance on the residence was established and officers waited several blocks away for him to leave. During this time, we were able to obtain clothing and vehicle description on Millan and a female he arrived with," YPD said.
Just after 10 p.m., the surveillance team reported that the suspect's vehicle was leaving the house, and they were tailing behind. Soon, multiple marked YPD patrol cars and members of the Sisiyou Unified Major Investigation Team (SUMIT) descended on the vehicle — initiating a "high-risk traffic stop."
Officers were able to take Millan into custody without incident, and he was transported to Fairchild Medical Center for treatment of injuries that he'd sustained during the stabbing altercation.
YPD said that the female driver of the vehicle was initially detained and questioned before being released.
At last report, the stabbing victim was in critical condition and had been transported to a trauma center. YPD said that the case is still under investigation. Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Yreka Police Department 530-841-2300.
- Police Track Down Suspect in Yreka Stabbing Case
- Police: Yreka Attempted Murder Suspect Turned Himself In
- Yreka Man Arrested after Stabbing Man Multiple Times
- Yreka Police Chief Announces His Retirement
- Police: 'No Foul Play' in Case of Woman Found Dead Between Yreka Fences
- Police: Tips from Yreka residents lead to arrest of kidnapping suspect in Ashland
- Police: Driver in Yreka fatal crash was not wearing seatbelt
- Yreka Police investigate child abuse after 2-month-old hospitalized
- Police: Body of missing Bay Area man found near Yreka
- Police sketch depicts armed Yreka carjacker who escaped in Redding