MEDFORD, Ore. — A 19-year-old Medford man is wanted in connection with a drive-by shooting that happened on Saturday, according to the Medford Police Department (MPD).
A grand jury indicted 19-year-old Juan Carlos Rodriguez on charges related to the shooting. A felony warrant has also been issued for his arrest.
Rodriguez is described as a Hispanic male, about 5'6", 120 lbs, and often wearing red clothing.
The shooting occurred at noon on Saturday, when the suspect drove by the 900-block of Alta Street, as a passenger in a vehicle. The driver passed by a particular residence three times, gesturing to a man.
On the third pass, the suspect fired a handgun in the direction of the victim. No one was struck. A shell casing was recovered from the street. MPD says that the vehicle and suspected driver have been located.
The shooting is believed to be gang-related — however, neither the intended victim or any nearby witnesses are believed to be involved in gang activity.
The gun used in the shooting has not been recovered. Rodriguez previously lived in the the 700-block of N. Riverside, Medford. He has been known to frequent the White City area as well.
MPD says that Rodriguez should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information is asked to call MPD dispatch at 541-770-4783 — or 911 if he is on view.
- Police Seek Suspect in Medford Drive-by Shooting
- Medford Police Seek Suspect in Drive-By Shooting
- Medford Police Seek Car Theft Suspect
- More than a year later, Medford Police still seeks suspect in drive-by shooting
- Police Investigate Drive-By Shooting In Medford
- Medford Police looking for shooting suspect
- Medford Police seeks info on reckless driving 'chase' through downtown
- Police Arrest Another Suspect in Medford Drive-By
- Medford Police Continue Investigation Into Deadly Drive-By Shooting
- Suspect in Medford Shooting Arrested in Montana