KLAMATH COUNTY, Ore. — An Ohio man was arrested Wednesday trying to smuggle more than 600 pounds of marijuana from Oregon to Ohio, according to Oregon State Police (OSP).
Around 3 p.m. on Wednesday, an OSP trooper pulled over the driver of a 2015 Chevy pickup along HIghway 140E near N Poe Valley Road for an unspecified "traffic violation," the agency said.
"During the traffic stop the trooper obtained probable cause to search the vehicle," OSP said in a statement.
In searching the truck, the trooper found 632.5 pounds of marijuana and 36.8 pounds of a substance believed to be Butane Honey Oil (BHO) extract. OSP identified the driver as 41-year-old Dustin R. Schoenhofer of Ohio.
"Through the investigation investigators learned the marijuana and BHO extract was destined for Ohio," the agency said.
Schoenhofer was taken to the Klamath County Jail on charges of Exporting Marijuana, Exporting Extract, and for possession and distribution of both.
"The OSP Domestic Highway Enforcement (DHE) team routinely conducts illegal narcotic trafficking saturations throughout the state of Oregon," OSP said. "Their mission is to identify and disrupt all criminal conduct on Oregon highways and identify elements of drug trafficking organizations for further investigation and dismantling in cooperation with numerous law enforcement agencies not only in Oregon but several other locations within the United States."
- Police: Ohio man caught smuggling more than 600 pounds of marijuana through Klamath County
- Q&A: Klamath County Sheriff Discusses Illegal Marijuana Grows in County
- Police find three pounds of meth and two loaded handguns inside car in Klamath County
- Yreka man caught trying to smuggle drugs into jail after being arrested for burglary
- Klamath Falls Drug Busts Claim 17 Pounds of Meth
- Marijuana found in man's nose 18 years after he smuggled it into prison
- Klamath County Man Convicted on Felony Charges
- Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Klamath County Man
- Man killed in Klamath County crash
- Five face federal charges for smuggling meth, heroin into Klamath Falls area