TENMILE, Ore. —
UPDATE: Police have identified the man killed on Tuesday along Hwy 42 when a state transportation employee mowed over a grassy area where the man was apparently lying.
Oregon State Police said that 49-year-old Keith Ericson had last known addresses in Rapid City, South Dakota and Santa Monica, California.
The update from OSP did not contain any further information about the case.
(Updated 7/3/19 at 11:30 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: Oregon State Police reports that a man is dead following a mowing accident along Highway 42 southeast of Winston on Tuesday morning.
Troopers and emergency crews responded to a medical call on Hwy 42 near milepost 59 around 9:15 a.m. Investigators determined that an employee of the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) had been mowing along the eastbound shoulder when he hit a man who was "believed to have been sleeping in the grass."
ODOT employees tried to give the man first aid and called 911, but he died at the scene.
The man's name will not be released until OSP has found and notified his next of kin, OSP said.
- Police identify man killed in mowing accident along Hwy 42 in Douglas County
- Two locals killed in Douglas County crash on Hwy 138E
- Body Found in River Identified as Missing Douglas County Man
- Investigators identify man killed in Rogue River boating accident
- Police identify driver killed in Hwy 99 crash at Birdseye Creek
- Grants Pass Man Killed in Douglas County Crash
- Man mows lawns for veterans in all 50 states
- Pedestrian Killed in Klamath County Crash on Hwy 97
- Police Identify Man Killed in Grants Pass Explosion, Seeking Associate
- Police identify Ashland man killed in motorcycle crash