Photo Gallery 4 Images
MEDFORD, Ore. —
UPDATE: Front Street (Oregon 99) is now open to a single lane in each direction, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT). The lanes are on the northbound side, separated by cones.
ODOT says to keep expecting delays and congestion through the evening commute. They expect that the roadway will be open fully around 7 p.m. on Thursday night.
Posts from Pacific Power indicate that they have restored power to all customers, but work in the area may be ongoing.
Updated @ 3:25 pm: Service has been restored to those affected surrounding Medford, OR. The cause of the outage was due to a vehicle accident. If your power is out ,reset your main breakers. If you are still out of power, visit https://t.co/YZKV5hargK or by text “OUT” to 722797.
— Pacific Power OR (@PacificPower_OR) July 11, 2019
(Updated 7/11/19 at 3:30 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: A "major power outage" caused by a crash in Central Point has resulted in outages both there and in Medford, with some reports indicating issues as far as Gold Hill.
Medford Police Department (MPD) posted that "numerous" traffic lights have been taken offline by the outage in the north end of Medford.
"Please treat intersections as a 4-way stop sign. Be patient with one another," Medford Police said.
Multiple law enforcement agencies blocked off the entirety of Front Street in Central Point between Pine Street and Beall Lane. The damaged power pole is reportedly somewhere in the middle of that area, near Providence Medical Clinic.
In a post issued around noon, Pacific Power acknowledged the outage and said that it affected around 10,000 customers.
This is a developing story and NewsWatch 12 has reporters on the way.
- Police: 'Major power outage' after crash in Central Point
- Car Accident Causes Power Outage in Central Point
- Snapped Power Pole Causes Outages in Central Point
- Power Outages Affect Hundreds
- Pacific Power: Major Outage Caused by Grants Pass Substation Upgrade
- Power Largely Restored Following Major Grants Pass Outage
- Pacific Power Reports Power Outage in Ashland
- Truck Crashes Into Central Point Home
- Preparing for a power outage
- Central Point Police Looking For Burglary Suspect