WILDERVILLE, Ore. --
UPDATE: Oregon State Police (OSP) says that the agency is still looking for the suspect in an assault that left two people seriously injured near Wilderville on Monday night.
Two people were attacked, OSP said. One man was flown to OHSU in Portland with serious injuries, while a woman was taken via ambulance to a local hospital, also with serious injuries.
Rural-Metro Fire clarified that both victims had been shot.
"There is currently no suspect in custody, however OSP does not feel there is an ongoing threat to the general public as the suspect was known to the victims," the agency said.
(Updated 10/1/19 at 9:20 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: Police are looking for a shooting suspect in the area of old 199 and highway 199 in the area of Wilderville Lane.
The Josephine County Emergency Management Team says the shooting happened on Monday at around 8:40 P.M.
The suspect is described as a white male, late teens to early 20's, about 6 foot tall, and wearing a camouflage jacket.
This is a developing story.
- Police are still looking for the shooter near Wilderville
- Sheriff: Speed, alcohol suspected in Wilderville crash; two seriously injured
- Redwood Highway closed near Wilderville after fertilizer truck crash
- OSP still searching for 'armed and dangerous' suspect in Wilderville shooting
- Suspect in Wilderville shootings arrested following chance encounter in East Chicago, Indiana
- Active Shooter Reported in Illinois
- Police: Accused Shady Cove Shooter Acted in Self-Defense
- Police Search For Suspected 'Armed and Dangerous' Shooter
- Police Respond to Reports of Active Shooter at UPS Facility
- Oregon School Shooter Loses Life-Sentence Appeal