GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- Rural Metro Fire says a driver is dead from an apparent gunshot wound.
Around 7:03 p.m. on June 16, 2018 crews say Rural Metro Fire, AMR-Josephine County and Grants Pass Department of Public Safety responded to a single car crash on Redwood Hwy at Dawn Drive. This is just West of Rogue Community College.
Initially, Rural Metro Fire says crews were staged away because shots were fired at the scene of the crash. Crews say once the scene was cleared, they determined the driver died from a gunshot wound.
Further information and details are being referred to OSP once their investigation has been completed.
This is an ongoing investigation and we will continue to bring you updates as we get them.
- Police Investigating Driver Shot in Grants Pass
- Shots fired at multiple Grants Pass businesses
- Police: Grants Pass three-vehicle crashed caused by DUII driver
- Grants Pass murder suspect told investigators he shot with 'intent to kill,' police say
- OSP Investigating Fatal Crash in Grants Pass
- Woman arrested in Grants Pass arson investigation
- Grants Pass Detectives investigating armed robbery
- Police: Burglary investigation in California leads to Grants Pass arrests
- Police investigating cause of Grants Pass house fire
- Grants Pass Police investigating fire at Burger King