SELMA, Ore. —
UPDATE: Oregon State Police say that on October 22, 2018 they received information from the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO) of human remains discovered on a trail off of Illinois River Rd. approximately 2 miles from Selma.
Detectives responded and say they found the skeletal remains of 77-year-old Milton Strickland. Officers say Strickland is from Florida, but has spent time in Coos and Curry counties.
OSP is asking for the public’s help regarding Strickland and anyone associated with him.
The public is asked to contact the OSP Dispatch Center at 541-776-6111 and reference case number SP18-395528. The lead investigator is Detective John Anderson.
(Updated 10/3118 at 9:50 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: While details remain scarce, Oregon State Police (OSP) have released some information about the ongoing investigation of a body found near the town of Selma on Monday.
A hiker found the body along a trail off of Illinois River Road about two miles from Selma, according to OSP.
The Medical Examiner will be working to determine the gender, age, the approximate time and circumstances of the victim's death. OSP said that they believe the remains to be that of an adult man.
OSP has charge of the investigation and "will release more information when appropriate/available."
- Police Identify Body Found on Trail Near Selma
- Shooting Investigation Underway Near Selma
- UPDATE: Victim Identified in Fatal Stabbing in Selma
- Body Found Near Graves Creek Bridge Identified
- Fire Crews Save Home in Selma Fire
- Suspect in Selma Stabbing Charged With Manslaughter
- Barn completely engulfed in Selma area fire
- Early morning structure fire in Selma
- Police: Arson suspected in two structure fires near Selma
- BODY FOUND: Terry Dodds