JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. — Authorities have identified a man struck and killed by a semi-truck along Interstate-5 in Jackson County on Tuesday. The driver of the truck has been identified as well.
Investigators believe that 31-year-old Rajanvir Singh of Federal Way, Washington was driving his 2014 Freightliner truck southbound on I-5 when he hit a pedestrian near milepost 34, according to the Oregon State Police (OSP)
That pedestrian has been identified as 38-year-old Ryan Barnes from Central Point. Barnes sustained fatal injuries in the crash and was pronounced dead at the scene.
OSP said that Singh has been fully cooperating with the investigation into the incident. The agency has not yet provided any more details regarding how the crash could have occurred.
- Police Identify Pedestrian Struck and Killed by Semi on I-5
- Semi-Truck Partially Blocking Northbound Lanes On I-5
- Overturned Semi Causing Delays on I-5 Northbound Near Glendale
- Witnesses Say Pedestrian Struck Twice by Vehicles, Critically Injured
- UPDATE: Cyclist Hit By Semi Identified
- UPDATE: Driver Identified in Fatal I-5 Crash South of Medford
- I-5 Closure stopping deliveries?
- Self-Driving Uber Kills Pedestrian in Arizona
- Woman Identified In Pedestrian vs. Car Fatal Accident
- Pedestrian Hit By Car in Fatal Accident Identified