GRANTS PASS, Ore. — A Grants Pass man is now behind bars, accused of sexually abusing a "minor child," according to the Grants Pass Department of Safety (GPDPS).
Police received a call regarding possible sex offense on December 2 from the 900-block of NW Sunset Drive. After investigating the incident, detectives arrested 33-year-old Joseph Sprague "for a sex offense involving a minor child," GPDPS said.
Court records indicate that the alleged victim was an 8-year-old girl.
Sprague was booked into the Josephine County Jail on two counts of Sexual Abuse in the First Degree and two counts of Sodomy in the First Degree.
"The case is currently under investigation and due to the sensitive nature of the incident is being released only for purposes of notifying the public of the arrest," GPDPS said in a statement. "There are no indicators of additional victims based on this case."
Anyone with more information on the case should contact Grants Pass Department of Public Safety Detective Division at 541-450-6260.
- Police: Grants Pass Man Arrested for Sex Abuse of Child
- Grants Pass Police charge man with child sex abuse
- Man Arrested in Grants Pass For Child Abuse
- Accused Sex Offender Arrested In Grants Pass
- Grants Pass Man Accused of Abusing 4-Month-Old Child
- Grants Pass child sex abuse suspect taken into custody, police say
- Grants Pass man facing ten counts of encouraging child sex abuse
- Grants Pass man accused of sex abuse, police believe there may be more victims
- Police: Man sought in Grants Pass after offering child candy
- Grants Pass man arrested for 5 burglaries