PHOENIX, Ore. -- On December 5, 2018 Phoenix Police say a K-9 unit tracked down a man after he eluded officers through Phoenix towards Jacksonville.
Officers say they spotted a car traveling through Phoenix that had been reported as stolen. The Phoenix officer says he activated his emergency lights in an attempt to stop the car.
They say the car didn't yield to the officer and the suspect attempted to elude him. Police say the pursuit went down several streets in Phoenix, with the driver driving recklessly.
At one point officers say the suspect rammed the stolen vehicle into a Phoenix Police car. They say the suspect made his way west through Phoenix and eventually left Phoenix city limits via Camp Baker Road.
By this time several Jackson County Sheriff’s Deputies and a Talent Police Officer had made their way to the area to assist the Phoenix Police Department in attempting to take the suspect into custody. Officers say the pursuit continued from Phoenix towards Jacksonville.
The suspect eventually made his way to Griffin Creek Lane and fled the car in the 7000 block of Griffin Creek Lane. Officers say the three law enforcement agencies set up a perimeter in the area to try to contain the suspect until a K-9 could arrive on scene and attempt to track the suspect.
At approximately 4:40 p.m. a Jackson County Sheriff’s K-9 arrived on scene and began a track. Police say the K-9 tracked the suspect to the 6700 block of Griffin Creek Lane where he was taken into custody at approximately 5:55 p.m.
The suspect was taken to the hospital to be treated for dog bites prior to being taken to the Jackson County Jail to be lodged.
Phoenix Police are identifying the suspect as 19-year-old Ruben Rivera-Rodriguez. He is being charged with Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle, Felony Elude, DUII, Misdemeanor Elude, Reckless Driving, Hit and Run Property Damage X 2, Criminal Mischief X 2. They add that other charges may be added at a later date.
- Police Chase Ends with K-9 Taking Down Suspect
- K-9 Tracks Down Suspect in Klamath County High-Speed Chase
- Klamath County Chase Ends with Suspect Smashing Into Cars
- Klamath County car chase ends in arrest
- Medford Police Chase Suspect by Car and on Foot
- High-Speed Chase Through Eastern Oregon Ends in Fiery Crash
- Siskiyou County Car Chase Ends With Crash Over Embankment
- UPDATE: Police Chase Motorhome in Downtown Medford
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Police Arrest Armed Suspect