GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Two men are in custody after a burglary investigation in central California led to their eventual arrest for similar crimes in Grants Pass, according to the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety (GPDPS).
The agency said that there have been a rash of burglaries at Grants Pass businesses over the past several weeks, believed to have been perpetrated by the same suspects.
"Grants Pass Detectives were actively investigating the rash of burglaries and attempting to develop suspect information," GPDPS said.
On Wednesday, the agency heard from detectives in Visalia, California. The detectives were attempting to track down 38-year-old Michael Bradsteen and 28-year-old Christopher Bradsteen, wanted for business burglaries in that area.
"The two were believed to have traveled to the Grants Pass area, where they were conducting the same type of burglaries," GPDPS said.
The same day, detectives tracked the Bradsteens to a Grants Pass motel — eventually sighting them leaving the Red Lion and driving to the Winco parking lot. There, a patrol officer attempted a traffic stop.
"Michael eluded a short distance before stopping behind the Elmer’s Restaurant and fleeing the vehicle on foot. Christopher remained in the vehicle and was taken into custody without incident. Michael was taken into custody after a short foot-pursuit," the agency concluded.
Both Bradsteens have been lodged at the Josephine County Jail. Michael is charged with Burglary 1, Theft 1, Elude, a Warrant out of California and PCS Heroin (with additional charges to follow). Christopher is charged with Burglary 1 and Theft 1 (with additional charges to follow).
- Police: Burglary investigation in California leads to Grants Pass arrests
- Grants Pass man arrested for 5 burglaries
- Woman arrested in Grants Pass arson investigation
- Police Investigating Driver Shot in Grants Pass
- Grants Pass Police arrest suspect in string of burglaries at local stores
- Months-long investigation leads to drug-related arrest in Grants Pass
- OSP Investigating Fatal Crash in Grants Pass
- Grants Pass Detectives investigating armed robbery
- Police investigating cause of Grants Pass house fire
- Grants Pass Police investigating fire at Burger King